Director of Development
Libertas Institute is a successful public policy organization in Utah focusing on free markets, personal freedom, property rights, and justice and due process. 82% of our policy proposals become law, and we produce a number of first-in-the-nation policies and programs educating and helping people. Join our winning team and help popularize the message of freedom in Utah!
Libertas Institute seeks a director of development to assist in fundraising and networking efforts. The director is responsible for executing all aspects of a complete fundraising program including developing and sustaining relationships, grant writing, direct mail programs, online giving, events and training of development team.
The director also assists with donor recruitment, cultivation, retention, stewardship and appreciation. Additionally, this person helps with messaging and communications strategies, including marketing, public relations, and social media related to development and fund raising efforts.
- Articulate to donors and prospective donors the work of Libertas Institute
- Develop and execute a strategic short- and long-term fundraising plan
- Track fundraising activities and maintain the fundraising calendar
- Maintain donor database
- Meet with potential and existing donors — phone and in person
- Coordinate fundraising events
- Prepare and present quarterly fundraising and operational reports
- Outgoing personality with self-motivation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills including ability to write about the organization persuasively.
- Experience in cultivating relationships and making the ask.
- Three years experience in nonprofit/political fundraising, sales, or related field.
- Demonstrated successful fundraising experience.
- Familiarity with local donor community is preferred.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- specific successes in identifying and cultivating donor relationships;
- professionalism and deep passion; and
- the ability to manage multiple projects at a growing organization.
Hours, Salary, Benefits:
- Full-time position at our office in Lehi.
- Starting salary depends on experience.
- Performance bonuses commensurate with fundraising success.
- Matching 401k.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
To apply, send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Director Application” in the subject.
- Cover letter
- Two minute video (minimum) introducing yourself
- An example of your persuasive writing abilities
- Salary requirement