Libertas Leadership Academy
Ready to make an impact on the world as you launch your career?
We have created a course to educate, train, motivate, and mobilize young adults who want to learn the tactics of influence and changing public policy—to not just know what to do, but how to do it and gain experience working with lawmakers and media.
The Libertas Leadership Academy includes a series of eight meetings designed to present curated content, facilitate dialogue, and point participants to recommended resources to empower them to be effective agents of change.
Here’s the schedule (meetings are in Lehi from 5-7pm):
- September 26: Intro, outline, and “how the system works”
- October 3rd: How to make change at the state level
- October 10: How to make change at the federal or local levels
- October 17: The tools of influence / Elections and campaigns
- October 24: The art of negotiation / How effective lobbyists work
- November 7: Pitching media, interviewing practice, and the power of storytelling
- November 14: Developing your personal brand / Networking insights
- November 21: Final project pitch / Mentorship opportunities
The final project will be determined by the student, in consultation with Libertas staff, and completed during the winter semester as the student’s time permits.
Academy graduates will be provided with opportunities and knowledge to make a lasting impact and further their professional pursuits. Those who complete their final project to our satisfaction will be matched with a mentor and exposed to additional resources and opportunities in the months and years ahead.
Approved applicants will enjoy:
- Meal at each event (we cater well!)
- Gas reimbursement for travel
- $50 bonus for each person you refer who is accepted into the Academy
- Networking opportunities
- Résumé building credibility for graduates
- Professional development opportunities
- Internship and career opportunities
- Mentorship opportunities
We will only be accepting 12 people into this cohort, so sign up ASAP if you’d like to be considered. Applicants must be under 30 years of age.
To apply, please fill out the form below. The cost for Academy attendance is $49 but is refunded for graduates who complete their final project. Instructions on payment and other relevant information will be sent to those accepted into the program.