Libertas Institute offers research internships for college students or recent graduates during fall, winter, and summer terms. Join our successful organization to help advance the cause of liberty in Utah!
- Research assigned policies spanning a broad spectrum of subjects
- Compile, sort, and analyze data
- Prepare reports and summarize data
- Write articles on assigned topics
- Attend meetings to observe and take notes
- Must be interested in and familiar with the political process
- Able to commit to a consistent schedule
- Very high attention to detail
- Excellent research and writing skills
We offer a limited amount of paid internships each term. Full-time participants receive $1,200 a month and part-time participants (20 hours a week) receive $600 a month. Unpaid part-time internships are generally always available for college credit or experience as well. Any necessary expenditures related to assigned work will be reimbursed.
You also have the option of interning with us while enrolled in the Koch Internship Program (KIP) which would allow you to receive a weekly stipend of $450.
Interns serving during the winter term (January through April) will be required to assist us at the Capitol each day during the 45-day legislative session. Before and after the session, they will work from our office. During summer or the fall semester, interns work out of our Lehi office.
Interns working through the Koch program are full time and work according to the schedule that the Koch Institute establishes for their selected internship.
Interested students should submit a cover letter, résumé, and one writing sample to email@example.com with “Research internship application” in the subject line.