Signature goal: 1,000
During your inauguration speech last year, you stated: "As a state, we will advocate states’ rights and we will vigorously resist the increasing burden of federal intrusion into our lives."
The recent ruling by the Supreme Court is the latest example of federal intrusion into our lives. Left unchecked, Obamacare will be a significant and sovereignty-eroding burden.
We urge you to call the legislature into a special session so that our state's representatives can "vigorously resist" this burden and fight back.
[Your comment will be added here.]
[Your name here.]
Recent petition submissions:
- #1183 July 12: (Name hidden), Sandy
Not only Obamacare..but Obama period. Arizona has not filed for FULL NULLIFICATION Powers Against Obama. We need to do the same thing with this guy. He is a socialist , plain and simple. And Utah needs to get this show on the road before he is able to destroy our beautiful state, and life style here. At every turn, he and his administration are attempting to socialize this country. Please, take action!!
- #1182 June 2: (Name hidden), St. George
- #1181 June 2: (Name hidden), St. George
- #1180 June 2: (Name hidden), St. George
- #1179 March 19: (Name hidden), Ogden
- #1178 March 17: (Name hidden), Price
I feel obama care is just another way for Goverment to control us and take away more of our
constitutional rights. And take more of our tax returns.
- #1177 February 12: (Name hidden), West Valley
- #1176 February 4: Rachel Rosenkranz, Duchesne
- #1175 February 3: James Palmer, West Valley
I am unemployed. I am trying to Social Security Dissabiltiy. Medicaid has been taken away from me. I have NO WAY to pay for Obamacare. Please help me.
- #1174 January 30: Camille Kramer, Orem
The system is broken! Because of "change" my children are no longer on CHIP and are floating around in the computer system unable to be entered into the "New" program because it's "got problems" meanwhile my children have REAL problems and I can't afford a 200 dollar antibiotic. Not to mention being fined for not being insured under a healthcare I CAN'T AFFORD!
- #1173 December 27: Holly Teschner, Washington City
- #1172 December 16: Henry Payne, West Valley
- #1171 December 16: (Name hidden), Alpine
I'm not a citizen of Utah. But support any and all states and citizens who want to nulify obamacare. If any state does get to nulify the bill, then that state will gain much more economically. People from other states will flea to a nulified state. Resulting in fueling the states economy and having much healthier citizens able to work and pay needed bills.
- #1170 December 13: (Name hidden), Ogden
- #1169 November 20: Mike Hampton , Mendon
- #1168 November 13: Lars Nelson, Sandy
I don't want to buy medical insurance at all. Forcing me to buy this is illegal!
- #1167 November 5: (Name hidden), Cedar City
- #1166 October 25: (Name hidden), Logan
- #1165 October 25: Kenneth Stout, Kearns
Ban this outrageous bill from ever taking hold of Utah! We need to join the other Red States and Secede from this outrageous government. Do not allow Common Core to corrupt our children! Start passing laws and take an assertive role against this tyrannical
Dictator. We still have States Rights lets use them now. Someone needs to aid the peoples WILL!
- #1164 October 18: (Name hidden), Garland
- #1163 October 16: Teresa Clark, Garland
Please take this action as a representative of the people. Do it for our children, and our children's children. PLEASE!
- #1162 October 16: (Name hidden), Hyde Park
We need to stand as a state and take back our rights. The Feds have way to much control and say over our local city's and state. If someone is hurt or in need we can help from a community stand point first. We don't need the fed in out state and city and personal life's.
- #1161 October 16: (Name hidden), Herriman
- #1160 October 2: Elisha Wintch, St. George
The constitutional rights of freedom are being squashed. We must do things better here in America. Choice and the ability to govern ourselves has made us a great nation in the past. This will change once we are not free, but bound to a large government.
- #1159 October 2: Brandon Nay, Tooele
Our MissionLibertas exists to advance the cause of liberty within the State of Utah. The Institute promotes liberty by generating non-partisan analysis and commentary on public policy issues relating to Utah, and recommending our findings to opinion leaders, policy makers, media, and interested Utahns.
Learn more »
Connect with Libertas
Contact UsP: 801.901.0310
785 East 200 South
Lehi, UT 84043