Director of Development
Libertas Institute is a free market public policy “think tank” advancing the cause of liberty in Utah. Our young organization boasts an exciting track record that has attracted significant local, national and international attention.
We’ve had tremendous success reforming the laws to increase freedom, across a wide variety of issues—parental rights, civil liberties, education policy, property rights, government transparency—the list continues for a while. We hold numerous public events to engage Utahns and educate them on the principles of liberty. We author innovative and persuasive literature to help others understand and advocate for freedom. We sue the government when it violates the law. And we’re Utah’s premier watchdog working to hold elected officials accountable.
We’re looking for a new champion of liberty to help us continue our momentum and increase our base of support!
Libertas Institute is looking to employ a new director of development to assist in fundraising and networking efforts. The director assists with fundraising activities including fund drives (online, direct mail), major gifts program, grant applications, donor relations, fundraising events, and other fund development activities.
The director also assists with donor recruitment, cultivation, retention, stewardship and appreciation and related Board and staff training. Additionally, this person helps with messaging and communications strategies, including marketing, public relations and social media related to development and fund raising efforts.
- Articulate to donors and prospective donors the work of Libertas Institute
- Develop a strategic short- and long-term fundraising plan
- Track fundraising activities and maintain the fundraising calendar
- Maintain donor database
- Meet with potential and existing donors
- Develop and maintain relationships with foundations and other supportive organizations
- Meet with organization directors and founders
- Coordinate fundraising events
- Prepare and present quarterly fundraising and operational reports
- The following personality traits are essential: outgoing, creative thinking, and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated successful fundraising and event planning management experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills including ability to write about the organization persuasively. Experience writing public service announcements, newsletter copywriting and design, and fundraising letters and annual appeals.
- Highly developed interpersonal, networking, and rapport building skills with boards, community members, media representatives and volunteers.
- Ability to manage complex data sets, organize and prioritize information, and develop an action plan with goals and milestones to ensure accountability and success.
- Familiarity with local donor community is preferred.
Hours, Salary, Benefits:
This is a full-time position in our office in Lehi, Utah. Starting salary depends on experience.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to:
Connor Boyack, President