Director of Development
Libertas Institute is a successful public policy organization in Utah focusing on individual liberty, property rights, and the free market—just this past legislation session we had great success increasing freedom in our state, and we have an ambitious agenda of programs, policy priorities, and fun projects over the next year. Join our winning team and help popularize the message of liberty in Utah!
Libertas Institute is looking to employ a new director of development to assist in fundraising and networking efforts. The director assists with fundraising activities including fund drives (online, direct mail), major gifts program, grant applications, donor relations, fundraising events, and other fund development activities.
The director also assists with donor recruitment, cultivation, retention, stewardship and appreciation and related Board and staff training. Additionally, this person helps with messaging and communications strategies, including marketing, public relations and social media related to development and fund raising efforts.
This is a full-time position in our office in Lehi, Utah.
- Articulate to donors and prospective donors the work of Libertas Institute
- Develop a strategic short- and long-term fundraising plan
- Track fundraising activities and maintain the fundraising calendar
- Maintain donor database
- Meet with potential and existing donors
- Meet with organization directors and founders
- Coordinate fundraising events
- Prepare and present quarterly fundraising and operational reports
- Experience in nonprofit/political fundraising or related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated successful fundraising and event planning management experience.
- Strong communication skills including ability to write about the organization persuasively. Experience writing public service announcements, newsletter copywriting and design, and fundraising letters and annual appeals.
- Highly developed interpersonal, networking, and rapport building skills with boards, community members, media representatives and volunteers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Hours, Salary, Benefits:
Full-time position at our office in Lehi. Starting salary depends on experience. Paid holidays, personal time off.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to:
Connor Boyack, President